Thursday, June 6, 2013

fresh basil lemonade {recipe}



The projects are piling up, and I haven't had time to post anything lately! And I only have two more days of freedom before my boys are home all. day. long. You may not see my craft room makeover until Christmas at this rate. But I had to take a break from Girls Camp prep to post this fabulous recipe that I am currently obsessed with. A few weeks ago I was crafting at a friend's when her husband brought us each a basil lemonade. Love at first sip. I am not exaggerating. It reminds me of an Indian lassi. Its tart flavor is balanced nicely by a dollop of whipped cream on top. You must make this today.

Fresh Basil Lemonade Recipe

 


Ingredients:

1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
3 cups plain yogurt (not Greek)
About 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tsp. Truvia natural sweetener or sugar (optional--I like mine just a little sweeter)
2-3 cups ice cubes
Whipped cream
Lemon slices and basil leaves for garnish (optional)


Put all ingredients in a blender and blender until smooth. If lemonade is too thick to pour, let it sit a few minutes then blend again (this gives the ice a chance to melt a little).
 

Pour into four glasses (or 8 small glasses for smaller servings). Top with whipped cream. Garnish with a lemon slice and basil leaves and serve with a straw. Heaven in a glass!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
2 Comments

2 Responses to “fresh basil lemonade {recipe}”

Unknown said...

This sounds amazing!!! I'll definitely be trying this!

Anonymous said...

Tried this with raspberry yogurt instead of plain, so good! Like raspberry lemonade with a hint of basil. Mmmmm!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs