Sunday, September 15, 2013

carved faux pumpkin {and michaels great pumpkin event}


This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Michaels. All opinions are my own.

I cannot believe we are half-way through September! Fall is right around the corner and I am already getting my holiday crafting on! Michaels has a wonderful selection of craft pumpkins for all sorts of decor ideas as well as Fall craft projects.




I let my kids help me design and carve a pumpkin that we could keep out all month! I love that you can come up with decor ideas that will last for all of Fall. Typically we do real pumpkins and they rot pretty quickly! Michaels also has a fabulous hot tool that can carve these faux pumpkins easily! 





My boys decided they wanted to carve a bat into a black pumpkin so we traced a template onto the pumpkin and then carved it.




After we finished carving, we added a paper background to the carved portion of the pumpkin. It added some fun pattern and color. 



Then we added some glitter paint to add even more color and whimsy to the pumpkin. We had a fun time making it! I love any project that lures my boys into "crafting"!



Michaels has a great option if you don't feel up to designing or carving your own pumpkins this year. 




They offer custom carved pumpkins that can be personalized with a variety of designs and names! Prices start at $19.99 and you can order them at all Michaels locations. Just make sure to place your order by October 13th so that it will be completed by Halloween! Visit Michaels Custom Carved Pumpkins for more information.


You also need to mark your calendars for a fun family event...


All Michaels locations are hosting a Great Pumpkin Event on Saturday, October 5 from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. For only $6 (which covers the cost of a 9” carveable pumpkin) kids can create their own pumpkin design and a free face painter will also be on hand. A great weekend event for the whole family! ·         

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs